As a Barrister practising employment law Tara Shahbahrami regularly appeared at employment tribunals, the High Court and the Employment Appeal Tribunal representing both Claimants and Respondents. She has acted as sole counsel and as a junior in multi-day and high value litigation.
Tara has also undertaken a wide range of advisory work on a variety of employment matters including discrimination, TUPE, and contractual obligations. She has also acted on behalf of Claimants in pro bono matters through both the Free Representation Unit and the Bar Pro Bono Unit.
Tara has considerable experience of interviewing witnesses and drafting witness statements, as well as experience of reviewing and advising on workplace investigations. She also regularly advised clients on the lawfulness of dismissal and other sanctions in a variety of factual circumstances. Tara is a CEDR accredited mediator and has experience of workplace mediation, both as mediator and as Counsel. Tara has contributed to Tolley’s Employment Handbook. She has also lectured and conducted training on various aspects of employment law.
- Court School of Law graded Outstanding on the Bar Vocational Course.
- University of Nottingham, First class BA Honours in Law with a Distinction in Chinese Law.
- Hong Kong University on a Universitas 21 Scholarship programme
- 2004 – 2005: International Law Clerk, Special War Crimes Court, Sarajevo
- 2006 – to date: Barrister at law, 11 KBW Chambers (currently on parental leave)