I have practiced law for over 20 years and am a former equity partner of the largest global employer and labor practice in the world. I have represented employees in employment disputes and employers in complex and multi-party class action, wage and hour, and discrimination lawsuits in federal and state courts. I have also successfully represented companies undergoing Department of Labor, Attorney General, EEOC and other government agency audits and investigations.
I am an experienced trainer having conducted hundreds of Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion and other compliance training sessions for executives of public and private companies. I have developed training programs nationally on professional conduct, diversity, team-building and other leadership topics.
As a mediator certified by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and by the New York Peace Institute, I specialize in resolving employment cases and workplace disputes when concerns are raised to management or human resources. I conduct in-house investigations of sensitive workplace complaints. I also am a certified executive coach specialized in working with C-Level executives on developing their skills as leaders. I have devoted my career to solving workplace issues, because the workplace has both professional and personal significance to those within it.
- Fordham College (English, summa cum laude)
- Fordham Law School (JD)
- 1997-1999: Federal clerkship with the Honorable Nicholas Tsoucalas of the US Court of International Trade
- 1999-2000: Associate Seward & Kissel LLP
- 2000-2002: Federal clerkship with the Honorable Andrew J. Peck of the US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- 2002-2005: Associate Katten Muchin Rosenman
- 2005-2015: Associate and Senior Equity Partner at Littler Mendelson
- 2015-date: Founder and President of EPT Legal LLC (employment law and workplace consulting)
- 2017-date: Associate at byrne·dean