Jenny joined byrne∙dean in 2010.
An engaging and energetic communicator who is passionately committed to enabling change in workplaces, Jenny believes that a positive employee experience is critical to individual and organisational success. Through her powerful and collaborative facilitation style, she provokes reflection and discussion to challenge and change mindsets. Her overall goal in all her work is to drive high performance, inclusion and employee engagement and to minimise employment risk.
In her sessions, Jenny integrates the insights she has gained through her facilitation work with thousands of leaders, managers and employees, her broad experience as an employment lawyer, together with her interest in business psychology, mindfulness and personal development. She has facilitated training all over the UK and Europe.
Starting out her career as an employment lawyer, Jenny qualified as a solicitor in 2002. She spent a number of years at the London office of Mayer Brown, advising City and international businesses on the full range of employment issues and handling complex and high-value litigation. She took a sabbatical year teaching English in Spain before joining B&Q Plc, where she was an in-house employment lawyer. In this role, she partnered with HR, the leadership team and people managers, advising on day to day employee relations issues, managing employment tribunal cases, and devising and implementing policy and people change strategies across the business.
- University of Manchester – LLB (Hons) English Law and French Law
- Nottingham Law School – Legal Practice Course
- 2000 – 2002: Trainee Solicitor, Addleshaw Booth & Co, Manchester & London
- 2002 – 2005: Assistant Solicitor, Mayer Brown Rowe & Maw, London
- 2005 – 2006: Business and legal English language trainer, Spain
- 2007 – 2010: In-house Employment Solicitor, B&Q Plc, Southampton
- 2010 – date: Associate, byrne·dean