Matt provides consultancy support, one to one coaching and senior team interventions.
He qualified as a solicitor in 1991 and worked as an employment lawyer with top City firms until the creation of byrne·dean in September 2003. Between 1995 and 2003 he worked at Simmons & Simmons where from 1998 he established its innovative and highly regarded Employment Law Training team.
His extensive experience of training, coaching and mentoring in 21 different legal jurisdictions has broadened his expertise away from just employment law and employment relations to encompass diversity and inclusion and cultural and behavioural change.
Matt chaired the Training Sub-Committee of the Employment Lawyers Association between 2002 and 2006. He was also Chair of Islington Law Centre (formerly North Islington Law Centre) from 1999 to 2005 where he had worked as a volunteer and member of the employment unit since 1991.
- Oxford University, Pembroke College
- Manchester Polytechnic (Law Society Finals)
- 1986 – 1988: Unilever plc (Brand Manager)
- 1989 – 1995: Richards Butler
- 1995 – 2003: Simmons & Simmons
- 2003 – date: Founder Director, byrne·dean