Richard is an experienced employment lawyer used to working in busy employment teams, involved in all aspects of employment law advice from pro-active HR advice to managing large scale litigation. He has worked in London and in Kent, predominantly for large corporate clients and several NHS Trusts. Since joining us in 2014 Richard has become an integral member of the training team and has had excellent feedback running sessions in London and other UK locations, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ireland, France and Germany. He has a very personal and engaging facilitation style.
Originally an Intelligence Officer in the RAF, Richard spent some time working as a paralegal in the City before choosing a legal career. He speaks French and managed a home decoration store in Paris for a year.
Richard has always been interested in training and at Brachers was responsible for organising and developing a comprehensive and creative training programme offering tailored workshops and coaching to clients and individuals on a broad range of topics. He has joined byrne·dean predominantly to work on training our clients and has an excellent, personal style. He trained with Collyer Bristow and worked there in the employment team for two and a half years before moving to Brachers.
- Sheffield University: LLB (Hons)
- College of Law, London: Legal Practice Course (Distinction), Professional Skills Course
- 1997 – 2000: Student Officer, RAF
- 2000 – 2001: Operations Support (Intelligence) Officer, RAF,
- 2001 – 2002: Paralegal, Norton Rose, then Allen & Overy
- 2003 – 2004: Store Manager, La Chaise Longue
- 2004 – 2006: Trainee, Collyer Bristow LLP
- 2006 – 2009: Solicitor, Collyer Bristow LLP
- 2009 – 2014: Solicitor, Brachers LLP
- 2014: Joined byrne∙dean