Sonia Chandaria Tillu
I joined byrne·dean in January 2020 with 10 years of accounting experience spanning both professional services (Deloitte) and finance roles that traversed a variety of industries including real estate, hospitality/healthcare and technology.
As our Financial Controller, I have 3 main areas of responsibility:
- Operational finance: I ensure that we continue to maintain robust financial controls/processes that continue to evolve with our growing business;
- Financial reporting: I oversee our statutory compliance and management reporting obligations; and
- Financial planning & analysis: I build financial models to support the management team with, often complex but important decision making.
I moved to byrne·dean as I believe in the business’ vision and values and it’s so wonderful to work with like-minded people. I enjoy the positive attitude with which the team apply themselves and I’m keen to play my part in helping byrne·dean create kinder, fairer, more productive workplaces.
I just love to dance. When I’m not at byrne·dean I pursue performance, choreography and education at Sona Lisa Dance Company, which I founded in 2018.
- Mansfield College, University of Oxford – BA Honours in Human Sciences
- ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales) – ACA Qualified Chartered Accountant
- 2010 – 2012: Associate, Deloitte
- 2012 – 2013: Assistant Manager, Deloitte
- 2013 – 2014: Conference Director, London Business Conferences Group
- 2014 – 2018: Financial Controller, Silverline Care
- 2018 – 2019: Financial Controller/UK CFO, Pelton Group
- 2020 – date: Financial Controller, byrne·dean